Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tuesday Night #5 - 1/11/11

MENU
Cheese plate with Abergele, Double Gloucester, Danish Brie, crackers and red grapes
Mushroom Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Celery Root Mashed Potatoes
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Mushroom-Stuffed-Pork-Tenderloin-with-Celery-Root-Mashed-Potatoes-5224
Romaine Lettuce tossed with Raspberry Vinegarette and Pomegranate Seeds
Molten Chocolate Cakes w/ Vanilla Ice Cream


Poor pic, I was rushed.

This was a difficult entree to pull off as far as timing was concerned.  Since I doubled the recipe it took much longer to cook than the recipe said.  Dinner was about 45 minutes late as a result.  It was also a lot of last minute prep so I didn't get any apps or pre-dinner socializing.  This bummed me out since it was an excellent mix of people this week.   It was super good regardless!

Jason requested this entree.  I had made it once before as a special meal for us up at the lake.  I had a hard time stuffing the tenderloins this time.  I think I kind of rushed that step and it backfired on me.  Didn't matter that much, just took away from the presentation a bit.  I also should have individually plated the meal instead of passing a platter.  The platter was huge, heavy and overloaded.  It looked like a plate of glop to me.  I forgot to garnish it with the leftover marjoram as well.  Oh, well.  I'm still learning.  It would have been fine for  6 or less.  Dinner for 8 is so much more work!  The kitchen was like a bomb went off in it.

Thanks to Jill, Scott, Kari, Elsie, Tony, Deb, Tara and of course Jason.

No comments:

Post a Comment