Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tuesday Night #4 - 12/21/10

MENU
Corn and Goat Cheese Queso with tortilla chips
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/corn-and-goat-cheese-queso-recipe/index.html
Beef and Bean Chili
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Beef-and-Bean-Chili-107079

This was a very small and simple event.  My heart really wasn't up for doing a lot.  The holidays and birthdays surrounded me so I took it easy.  I did a crock pot chili.  Substituting 1/2 of the ground chuck with ground turkey.  I also added extra hot sauce, including Taco Bell hot sauce packets!  Why not, I love that stuff.  This chili froze really well too.

Two good girlfriends came over and we basically got completely sauced on wine and stayed up way too late.  They both slept over.  I had to cancel on snowboarding the next day.  :(

I did do a great dip.  We basically ate so much of it that we were full before we got to the chili.  We ate the chili at the dining room table for appearances.  I did have all the fixings with it --cheese, chips, cilantro, onion and sour cream.  We did have a wine that was a recommended pairing for chili.  It didn't excite me.  I never get too excited about pairings.  I must be doing it wrong?

Thanks to Kari, Susie and always Jason.

No comments:

Post a Comment